Wednesday 17 March 2010

Social TV Forum @ Olympia; The Future of TV & Social Media

I visited the exhibition at this event, looking mainly for interactive TV initiatives with targeted advertising opportunities. I have to say there weren’t many.

About half the stands were for Social Media agencies – all excited at the prospect of taking your money to tell you how to do what you already do. OK, so I didn’t give them a fair chance to convince me that they had the single unique answer for turning social media into a money-spinner but, hey, life’s too short.

I did start to listen to a workshop speaker on ROI for social media. But when I realized I’d been sitting next to him on the train and had seen most of his presentation then, I wandered away. None of it was rocket science anyway. Neat presentational tool called Nudge though.

Of the stalls I talked to people at, the highlights were:
• Monterosa: assuming people are on their laptops while watching TV; allows
games based on program (eg who’s fired next?), plus chat and comments;
could use for product placement opportunities once allowed
• tv genius: web-style search function on STB simplifies search for VOD
content; works with …
• NDS: EPG design platform
• Comment technologies: white-label social networks

So not a lot really.

http://www.social-tv.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment